Make use of tags to segment the contacts and gather the data you need. Tags functionality will allow you to view, add and delete tags for a contact.
Follow these steps to access Tags:
- Tap the “More” button on the Menu tab bar of the contact profile
- Select the “Tags” menu button and access the Tags list screen, with two available sections: Tag Tree and Tag Sets (Pic. 8.9.1)
The tag tree serves to group the tags, while the relationship between a Tag set and Tag tree is that of a generic term and a specific instance of it. For example, the tag set categorizes the type of organization (i.e. educational, religious, instructional/training, health services, scientific research, professional association etc.), whereas the tag tree suggests whether it’s a state-owned entity or a regular enterprise, donor or volunteer, etc.
Follow these steps to add Tags to Tag Tree or Tag Sets section to the contact:
- Tap the “+” button next to the Tag Tree or Tag Set
- Select the tag (s) from a set of checkboxes
- Tap the “Add” button to move tags to the Tag Tree section or the selected Tag Set in the list of tags.
The “X” icon, located next to each tag, removes the tag from the list of tags related to a particular contact. Tags can be created in the web version of CiviMobile. Follow these steps to add tags:
- Navigate to Contacts > New Tag in the main menu.
- Click on the required tag from the list of existing tags to delete it if need be.
- Click the “Add Tag” button to open the “New Tag” window.
- Fill in the required fields (select “Contacts” in the field “Used for” only) (Pic. 8.9.3).
Tags can be grouped in tag sets (i.e., People Care About tag set might contain the tags “affordable housing”, “racial justice”, or “water quality”).
Follow these steps to add tag sets:
- Go to Contacts > New Tag in the main menu (Pic. 8.9.4).
- Click the “+” button in the upper left corner to open the New Tag Set window.
- Fill in the required fields (select “Contacts” in the field “Used for” only).
- Add tags to the tag set.