The activities details are displayed in a list under the over-arching subject-related case details.
Follow these steps to view the case details (Pic. 14.2.1):
- Select “Cases” from the main menu bar to view the Case List Screen.
- Tap the required case from the list to be redirected to the Case Details Screen.
The Case Details screen expands to include several sections:
- Information about the case consists of such fields:
- case name
- case type
- The “Activities” section lists all case-related activities with basic information:
- activity type
- activity name
- date and time
Select the required activity to view all necessary details, or tap the add button in the “Activities” section field to create a new activity within the case.
- The “Participants” section includes a list of participants with assigned roles. Select the contact to view the contact profile details (phone, email, address, calendar) or tap “Add” button in the “Participants” section field to assign a role and contact to the case.
Cases are created or edited in the web version of CiviMobile.
Follow these steps to create or edit new case:
- Go to “Administer” > “CiviCase” > “Case Types”.
- Click the “Edit” button or “New Case Type” button and fill in the required fields.
— Case Roles – select the roles you wish to be included from “Add role” drop-down shown below the listing of roles, or create a new custom role by clicking the drop-down and typing the name of the new role into the field. You may also mark one of the roles as “Assign to Creator” or “Is Manager”.
— Activity Types – navigate to the Activity Types tab and create a list of custom activity types (phone call, email, meeting, follow up) that users might want to add to the case.
Use the “Max Instances” element to specify the number of times a certain activity type can be used in a case.
— Standard Timeline – is a standardized workflow for a case type. It starts with a predefined activity (Open Case) then select/ create an activity using the drop-down list. Activities are scheduled using the Reference and Offset fields and relative to the date the case is opened. Select any activity in the case type as a reference which activates an additional activity. You can use the end date of a case (i.e., the final defined activity) as your reference and use negative offset values to schedule activities, as in the example.
The “Select” option is used when there are multiple instances of the reference activity type, and it allows you to select whether the oldest or most recent instance of the reference activity should be used.